« Back

Minutes 10 March 2016

DATE

10/03/2016

STATUS

Draft

OVERVIEW

PRESENT

Councillors Cole (Chairman), Campbell (deputy), Gosling, Huckvale, Morris, PSCO Mike Bowes and Alison McLaven Clerk

APOLOGIES

Councillor Meadow-Jones sent her apologies which were accepted

ORLINGBURY PARISH COUNCIL

Minutes of Meeting held in the village hall

On Thursday 10th March 2016

  1. Present: Councillors Cole (Chairman), Campbell (deputy), Gosling, Huckvale, Morris, PSCO Mike Bowes and Alison McLaven Clerk

 

  1. Apologies:

 

Councillor Meadow-Jones sent her apologies which were accepted

 

  1. Declaration of Interest:

 

There were none.

 

  1. Public Question Time:

 

There were no members of the public in attendance.

  1. Matters Arising:

 

Councillor Cole had checked out Peter Allen’s plan. The Borough Council have Orlingbury as a restrained village in the Borough Plan.  Councillor Cole will update the plan and lodge it with the Borough.

 

As PCSO Bowes was in attendance the matter of speeding through the village and how to prevent it was discussed. The speed camera has recorded 2765 vehicles travelling over 30 mph on the Harrowden Road in 2 weeks, and in 3 weeks on the Northampton Road it recorded 7051 vehicles travelling over 30 mph, unfortunately the battery has gone and so there is no record from the Pytchley Road.

 

Councillor Cole will try and get speed watch up and running. There was also discussion of HGV’s coming through the village when the A509 is closed and diversion signs not put in place.

 

  1. Co-option

 

There is a resident possibly interested in co-option, and the matter will be discussed at the Annual Parish Meeting

 

  1. VTA

 

Three quotes had been received for the works needed they were from Alchemy Trees, Norse and 4 Counties. Councillor Campbell proposed and Councillor Huckvale seconded Alchemy Trees to do the work, all in favour.  Clerk to let them know.

 

4 Counties had also quoted for the painting etc. of the phone box. Councillor Cole had received a quote from Rob Hines.  Councillor Morris proposed and Councillor Huckvale seconded Rob Hines do the work, all in favour.

 

  1. Annual Parish Meeting

 

This will take place on 7th April. All the village organisations will be asked to provide a report.

 

  1. Clean for the Queen

 

The date for this has passed, but it was agreed to do an organised clean-up of the village on 23rd April. Clerk to purchase 12 pickers and hi viz and refuse bags.

 

  1. Risk Assessment

 

It was agreed the Clerk and Councillor Cole would meet on 15th March to do the risk assessment and it would be re adopted.

 

  1. Correspondence

 

Ncalc updates

WBC – Parish Forum 29th March, no one available to attend.

 

  1. Finance

 

The following accounts were agreed for payment. The bank statements were produced to the meeting.

 

HMRC            PAYE £51.60             £  51.60

A Mclaven      Salary & Expenses      £210.49

 

  1. Planning applications

 

WP/16/00073/FUL – single storey car port 16 Pytchley Road – no objections

WP/14/00386/OUT – 11 dwellings and associated infrastructure 102 Harrowden Road

This application has gone to appeal. The application is outside of the village envelope and against the Borough Council’s policy.

 

  1. Any Other Business

 

The Clerk has spoken to the Electricity Company and there is no way they would ever consider metering village electricity.

 

  1. Date of the next meeting

 

The Annual Parish Meeting is 7th April and the Annual General Meeting is on 5th May 2016 both held at 7.30pm in the village hall.

 

There being no other business the meeting closed at 8.35pm with thanks to those attending.

 

 

 

………………Chairman………………Date


« January 2019 »
Mo Tu We Th Fr Sa Su
  1* Bell Ringing Practise at 7:30 pm
2 3 4 5 6
7 8* Bell Ringing Practise at 7:30 pm
9 10 11 12 13
14 15* Bell Ringing Practise at 7:30 pm
16 17 18 19 20
21 22* Bell Ringing Practise at 7:30 pm
23 24 25 26 27
28 29* Bell Ringing Practise at 7:30 pm
30 31      
Facebook – Events Page